In Memory of Sherrie Kristin
August 30, 1958 – May 16, 2016
The ELUNA Steering Committee honors the memory and the many contributions of the late Sherrie Kristin with an annual ELUNA conference scholarship in her name. Sherrie contributed decades of service to the EndUser and ELUNA user groups, serving as a Regional User Group leader, a Product Working Group Chair and a Steering Committee member. Of particular note was her dedicated work to ensure the success of ELUNA events. Sherrie contributed untold hours and energy toward planning and organization tasks because she believed the knowledge gained and peer networks built through the EndUser and ELUNA communities directly contributed to both individual and institutional success.
Sherrie Kristin began her career in libraries in 1993, in the acquisitions department of Purdue University Calumet. She moved into library systems in 2002 and effectively oversaw many technology changes at Purdue Calumet during the span of her career. Those of you who worked with Sherrie will remember her humor, vitality, tenacity and effectiveness as a leader. She inspired all who knew her to persevere through all of life’s challenges with a positive attitude.
This scholarship is intended to honor the spirit of Sherrie’s work in the following ways:
- Extend access to the ELUNA Annual Meeting to a deserving recipient
- Increase recipient’s knowledge of Ex Libris products
- Provide opportunities for the recipient to expand their network of professional colleagues
The scholarship includes:
- Full ELUNA 2018 Annual Meeting Registration (evening of May 1 – May 4, 2018, including optional attendance at Developers Day (May 1, 2018)
- Networking Cocktail Ticket (May 3, 2018)
- Conference hotel room (May 1 – May 4, 2018)
- Be employed at an ELUNA member institution at the time of application and conference
- Submit a letter of recommendation and support from their immediate supervisor
- Write a post-conference article for the ELUNA website describing how their conference experience benefited their work. The article should be between 300-1000 words in length. Deadline for article submission is June 1, 2018.
To be considered, applicants must submit the online scholarship application (Word format) by January 15, 2018. The application includes a brief description of related employment history as well as a description (not to exceed 500 words) of how attendance at the ELUNA Annual Meeting will support their long-term goals. Applications must include an attached, signed letter of recommendation and support from their immediate supervisor.
The award committee consists of members of the ELUNA Steering Committee and ELUNA Product Working Groups. The committee will score applications based on the following:
- Evaluation of the application form
- Supervisor recommendation
In awarding the scholarships, preference will be given to:
- First time ELUNA attendees
- Institutions that have been underrepresented at the past five ELUNA Annual Meetings
Applicants will be notified of status by March 1, 2018. Scholarship applicants should not register for the ELUNA 2018 Annual Meeting until notified of their status to avoid the need for refund of registration fees.