Spokane Welcomes the ELUNA 2018 Annual Meeting
Spokane is located in the heart of the Inland Northwest and is the second most populous city in Washington. The Spokane River runs through the city and beautiful Riverfront Park in downtown Spokane. An array of enjoyable outdoor activities are right out our back door; including ski resorts, white-water rafting, camping areas, hiking trails, lakes, and the Centennial trail.
Spokane has been selected as an All-America City three times in the past 41 years, including in 2015 when it was one of 10 honored throughout the country. The city hosts many great community events, festivals and gatherings, and is home to the Lilac Bloomsday Run, the largest timed road race in the nation, and the largest three-on-three basketball tournament, Hoopfest. – From my.spokanecity.org
We invite you to explore our downtown area and discover for yourself why our city is “near nature, near perfect.”
Airport and Getting Around
Small enough to be relaxed, large enough to facilitate international flights, the Spokane International Airport is about eight miles (a 15 minute drive) from the 2018 ELUNA Convention site.
- Rental Car Services: The airport houses eight car rental agencies for your convenience. (Prices/selection vary.)
- Public Transportation: Spokane Transit Authority runs buses between downtown Spokane and the airport. Various fare options range from a $4.00 day pass to a two-hour pass at $1.75. Please visit the STA website for further information.
- Hotel Shuttle Services from Spokane International Airport. (Contact hotel for fares; prices vary; some are complimentary.)
- Taxi Services listed with the airport. (Estimated Rate: $30.00-$32.00)
- Uber in Spokane (Estimated Rate: $14.00-$21.00)
Conference Hotel Information
Don’t miss out on the conference hotel! Book your room at our special conference rate of $139 now!
– Rate valid 25 APR- 08 MAY 2018
– 24 HOUR CANCELLATION POLICY
– OVERNIGHT SELF-PARKING IS $7
– DESTINATION AMENITY FEE WILL BE WAIVED ON CHECKOUT
ELUNA 2018 takes place at Spokane’s modern jewel- The Davenport Grand. The hotel is within walking distance of world-class shopping and dining options, the beautiful Spokane River and Riverfront Park, the Centennial Trail and the INB Performing Arts Center. The modern and stylish rooms features comfortable furnishings, large marble walk-in showers, custom-made down pillow top mattresses with fine linens, free high-speed wireless internet, iron and ironing boards, hair dryers, 55-inch flat-panel TVs and large work spaces. The Grand also offers many other amenities, such as 24-hour access to both a business center and fitness center.
Hotel dining options are many; head to Table 13 and enjoy a delicious selection of tapas, meals and evening libations, or socialize over cocktails while enjoying breathtaking views of Riverfront Park from our rooftop terrace. Or, consider The Grand Restaurant & Lounge. (Open daily from 6 am to close, home of the power breakfast and lunch!)
The Grand offers airport transportation and group shuttles van service (by reservation) for a fee.
What makes a region a destination? Everyone has their own opinion. But when a place like the Spokane Region has it all, it’s tough not to sing its praises. Blessed with a unique combination of outrageous outdoors and amazing attractions, incredible arts and delectable dining, and a historic past living seamlessly with a vibrant future, it’s easy to see why Spokane is “Near nature. Near perfect.” – from visitspokane.com
- Sky Ride (Gondola over the Spokane River)
- Looff Carrousel
- Spokane’s Very Own Garbage Eating Goat (a local must-see)
Shopping and Personal Needs
Running Enthusiast Note
On Sunday, May 6th, Spokane Celebrates the 42nd Running (no pun intended) of Spokane’s annual tradition, the Lilac Bloomsday Run.
If you are a runner, this 7.46 mile footrace is not to be missed.
More info at www.bloomsdayrun.org