Thinking about whether you should attend the ELUNA 2016 Conference in Oklahoma City, May 3-6, 2016, and how to request your managers’ support for your attending? Consider these points from the ELUNA Steering Committee:
- ELUNA registration is a bargain compared to many other conferences. Discounts are offered for early registration – through April 1, 2016 and for presenting. Consider submitting a proposal for a presentation and receive a $100.00 speaker discount.
- The meeting is focused on Ex Libris products and related current professional issues. Total attendance is usually around 600, and other than the general auditorium sessions, most meetings have an audience of less than 50 people which allows a lot of opportunities to ask questions and interact with presenters, Ex Libris staff, and other session attendees.
- It’s not a huge spread-out meeting where you could spend much of the day getting between meetings. Much of it is held in one building. Breakfasts and lunches are included in your registration as well.
- The training and information gained from the conference is a great investment for your institution. The information you bring back will result in practical skills that can be shared with all staff at your institution.
- Networking with other users in the ELUNA community is a great way to gain fresh ideas and learn about the cutting edge uses that others have developed for their Ex Libris products. The ELUNA user community has a long history of helping each other and you’ll gather some great contacts.
- As a conference attendee, you will have access after the conference to all conference presentation materials in the ELUNA Documents Repository. You might consider offering a short presentation for your colleagues after the conference, using your notes and the Doc Repository materials, to further share the knowledge that you gained.
- Find out more about ELUNA 2016