- Working Group Members
- Primo Mailing Lists
- Mail link to escalate your Primo support cases
- Search the Primo Idea Exchange
- Primo & Primo VE Roadmaps for 2023
- Ex Libris Search page
NERS Enhancement Voting: Complete for 2023
The 2023 Primo enhancement voting process for round 2 is now complete! More details can be found at the Primo listserv message announcing the results of round 2 of the voting.
The following requests are successful, as the Top 3 ranked and aligning with our 195 available Primo points for 2023:
|1||8126||Ability to do a bulk export of search results (VE/BO)||6469||120|
|2||8210||Prevent search results expansion by use of exact phrase (VE/BO)||5654||55|
|3||8134||Allow HTML coding in labels, public notes and collection description (VE/BO)||5284||20|
*Note for #8134 that the ELUNA and IGeLU Primo WG/s will be working with Ex Libris Primo Product Management on the list of labels, per the scoping statement.
We’re happy to note that Ex Libris Primo Product Management agreed to add the following two items to the 2024 Roadmap without requiring any community points:
|5||8157||Preserve the formatting of citations copied from Primo (VE/BO)||3503||n/a 15|
|14||8141||Add ability to configure the display at the item level and the location level in the GetIt section (VE)||1102||n/a 10|
The Product Development Collaboration Agreement states that Ex Libris will develop the successful enhancements within one year, which customarily aligns to the IGeLU conference held in September 2024.
IGeLU 2023 Conference Program Now Available
The full program for the IGeLU 2023 Conference and Developers’ Day, held Sept 11-14, 2023 in Leuven, Belgium, is now available. The IGeLU Primo Working Group meeting is scheduled for Monday, Sept 11, 2023, 2:40 pm-3:10 pm Brussels time. There are many other sessions on Primo at both the annual Conference and Developers’ Day.
ELUNA 2023 Conference
The ELUNA Primo Working Group presented the work of the last year at the ELUNA 2023 Conference in Los Angeles, CA on Wednesday, May 10, 2023, 2:30 pm-3:15 pm in the Catalina Ballroom. Session slides: 2023 ELUNA Primo Working Group Update
Tips for Submitting NERS Enhancement Requests
The 2023 Primo request submission period ended January 28, 2023, but you can still submit requests for next year’s cycle.
- How to submit an enhancement request through NERS
- Guidelines for creating an actionable enhancement request
- Example of a great enhancement request
- Webinar recording: Enhancements – make ’em sparkle (24:10), 1/28/2021
DEI-Related Changes in Alma and Primo
The Primo Working Group hosted an informal discussion on making DEI-related changes in Alma and Primo on Friday, December 16, 2022. Recording (29 minutes); Slides
Primo Customization and Developer Resources
The Primo Working Group provides support and resources for working with Primo customizations and developing add-ons for Primo.
Drew Parker gave a great presentation at ELUNA 2023 Developers’ Day+ on lots of places to find Primo customizations: Finding Primo Customization Ideas to _Borrow__ A Time-Honored Path toward Progress
- One on one support (contact list)
- Slack channel
- Developer network
- CSS Selectors Reference
- Useful bookmarklets compiled by IGeLU members
- Primo Views – ‘community hacks from around the web’ for Primo customizations
- Useful Primo Customizations, a presentation by Jenna Miller at the FLVC Virtual Conference, November 9, 2022.
- Other repositories
- Orbis Cascade Alliance Primo VE Toolkit
- California State University Primo VE customizations and how-tos
- State Universities of New York (SUNY) Libraries Primo VE customization instructions, videos; SUNY Libraries FAQ
- CARLI (Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois) Primo VE customizations
The former MetaLib/MetaLib+ PWG pages are still available but are no longer being maintained.
If you have updates or corrections to this page, please contact James Day at [email protected].