Hotel Information ✨ Getting to the Westin ✨ Show Your Badge✨ Shopping Options ✨ Dining Options ✨ Local Attractions
Novel Coronavirus Update 4/1/2020
The ELUNA Steering Committee, Ex Libris, and the volunteer planning committee have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 Ex Libris Knowledge Days, ELUNA Developers Day+, and ELUNA Annual Meeting due to COVID-19
- We will cancel all event registrations centrally. Payment will be refunded fully in the manner it was made, either to a credit card on file, with an ELUNA check if check was deposited, or a returned voided check.
- Attendees should cancel their hotel reservations directly with the Westin.
The ELUNA Steering Committee will not virtualize the full Developers Day+ and Annual Meeting events. We will offer a no fee online event with updates from the ELUNA Steering Committee and Ex Libris Management; this session will also include our keynote speaker, Betsy Friesen, University of Minnesota. Registration information for this virtual event will be available mid-April.
The ELUNA Steering Committee and Planning Committee are exploring options for offering a new series of virtual educational events. Keep your eye out for more information about virtual events about this on eluna-announce.
For more information about the Ex Libris Knowledge Days event cancellation, see the Knowledge Days website.
We appreciate your patience as we worked through various scenarios with hotel and service vendors related to our decision to cancel an event of this size.
Many thanks to the conference Planning Committee, Program Committee, and speakers for their amazing work to plan the 2020 events. Please send questions to [email protected].
ELUNA 2020 is set in the heart of downtown Los Angeles at the iconic Westin Bonaventure. Completed in 1976 and one of the most photographed buildings in the world, the hotel is widely recognized as a masterpiece in contemporary hotel design. This magnificent hotel was designed and built by the Portman Cos., headed by architect John Portman. Today the hotel hosts industry events and welcomes guests from all over the world. It was LA’s first property to reach Green Seal environmental standards.
The hotel provides a modern location in the heart of downtown LA with a great fitness center and heated outdoor pool.
The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles
404 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, California 90071 USA
The planning committee has secured a great rate for attendees:
- $175.00 for singles/doubles
- $195.00 for triples
- $215 for quads.
- Suites starting at $899.00
The contracted rates expire on April 3, 2020. Reserve your room online or by telephone at 1-800-937-8461 (block is EX LIBRIS USERS OF NORTH AMERICA (ELUNA)).
Discounted onsite parking daily rate of $25 dollars is available to all attendees. Attendees not staying on the property need to confirm onsite parking needs when registering for Ex Libris Knowledge Days, ELUNA Developers Day+, or the ELUNA Annual Meeting to receive discounted parking tickets.
Getting to the Westin
Driving directions to the Westin Bonaventure can be found on the hotel website. The hotel is 0.3 miles from the 7th Street/Metro Center station (served by light rail, heavy rail, and the rapid bus system).
If travelling by air, you have many options:
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) – 18 miles southwest
- Estimated taxi fare: 49 USD (one way)
- An affordable and comfortable Flyaway bus from LAX to downtown LA Union Station is available. The bus is only $9.75 each way, runs every 30 minutes, has free wi-fi, and comes from every terminal at LAX.
- Visit LAX airport website
Long Beach Airport (LBG) – 25 miles south
- Estimated taxi fare: 75 USD (one way)
- Visit LGB airport website
Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR) – 16 miles northwest
- Estimated taxi fare: 35 USD (one way)
- Visit BUR airport website
John Wayne Airport-Orange County (OKC) – 50 miles southeast
- Estimated taxi fare: 75 USD (one way)
- Visit Orange County SNA airport website
Ontario International Airport (ONT) – 60 miles east
- Estimated taxi fare: 85 USD (one way)
- Visit ONT airport website
Show Your Badge Program
The planning committee has worked with the Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Bureau to secure discounts for event attendees at local establishments. Please bring your badge when you visit these shops, restaurants, attractions and transportation options to secure your discount.
- Macy’s – 750 W 7th St,
- Target – 735 S Figueroa St
- Uptown Drugs & Gift Shop – 444 Flower St #100
- Walgreens – 617 W 7th St
Breakfast and lunch are included on Monday and Tuesday for attendees of the Ex Libris Knowledge Days, Tuesday for attendees of Developers Day+, and Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday for attendees of the ELUNA Annual Meeting. You will have some evenings to enjoy some of amazing Los Angeles dining options, at the Westin Bonaventure and in the surrounding area.
At the Westin Bonaventure
- Bonaventure Brewing Co.: (213) 236-0802 ($$)
- BonaVista Lounge: (213) 612-4743 ext 4550 ($$$)
- LA Prime: (213) 612-4743 ext 4743 ($$$$)
- Lakeview Bistro: (213) 612-4897 ext 4897 ($$)
- Lobby Court: (213) 624-1000 ext 4462 ($)
In the downtown Los Angeles Area
Local Area Attractions
Looking forward to exploring the area after the conference activities are done for the day? You will be sure to find something of interest in the area! Here are just a few ideas; if you have an LA favorite to add to the list, let us know!
- The Broad
- Dodger Stadium
- The Getty
- L.A. Live
- La Brea Tar Pits
- Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust (Show Your Badge discount)
- Los Angeles Zoo & Botanical Gardens (Show Your Badge discount)
- California Science Center
- The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
- Norton Simon
- Olvera Street
- OUE Skyspace LA (Show Your Badge discount)
- Rooftop Cinema Club
- Universal Studios Hollywood
- Walt Disney Concert Hall