Hotels ✨ ELUNA 2016 Agenda ✨ Developers Day Agenda
Thank you for attending ELUNA 2016! You made the meeting a success! Presentations are now available in the ELUNA Document Repository (http://documents.el-una.org/view/divisions/eluna=5Fconf/2016.html).
If you attended the meeting but are not an ELUNA/IGeLU Member, we sent temporary access credentials to the Document Repository on June 9, 2016. If you did not receive this message, please contact the ELUNA Steering Committee.
The ELUNA 2016 Annual Meeting will be held at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on Tuesday, May 3 – Friday, May 6, 2016.
The University of Central Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, and University of Oklahoma are the local hosts for the meeting. The Ex Libris Technical Seminar will again be held before the ELUNA Annual Meeting on Monday, May 2 – Tuesday, May 3, 2016.
This year’s ELUNA 2016 Annual Meeting will feature the inaugural ELUNA Developers Day, which will be on May 3rd, 2016 in Oklahoma City. The agenda and schedule listing for Developers Day is now available. We have a limited number of spots for this program; register now! You must be an ELUNA member and select an Admission Type that includes Developers Day when registering or a spot will not be held for you at the event.
NEW ProQuest Workflow Solutions:
The ELUNA Steering Committee is excited to welcome all ProQuest Workflow Solutions customers as new members! We have decided to add 2 tracks to the upcoming meeting – one for Summon and one for Intota and other ProQuest solutions, such as 360 Link. Learn more about these tracks in the agenda and schedule for more information.
Presenters at both Developers Day and the ELUNA Meeting receive a $100 discount on ELUNA 2016 registration!
Please note, this schedule is in draft and start and end times may shift. Please see the draft agenda and schedule for more information.
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
ELUNA Developers Day* – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Conference Registration – 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Reception – 6:00 PM – 10:00 pm
Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Conference sessions – 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Thursday, May 5, 2016
Conference sessions – 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Networking Dinner* – 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Friday, May 6, 2016
Conference sessions – 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Saturday, May 7, 2016
Product Working Group Chair Meeting – 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Steering Committee Meeting – 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Hotel & Local Information
For hotel booking and more about Oklahoma City, be sure to check out the Local Information page!
Making the Case to Attend ELUNA 2016
If you need to convince your managers that ELUNA is a good investment both for you and your institution, please consider the following:
- ELUNA Conference registration is a bargain compared to many other conferences. Discounts are offered for early registration – through April 1, 2016 and for presenting. Consider submitting a proposal for a presentation and receive a $100.00 speaker discount.
- The meeting is focused on Ex Libris products and related current professional issues. Total attendance is usually around 600, and other than the general auditorium sessions, most meetings have an audience of less than 50 people which allows a lot of opportunities to ask questions and interact with presenters, Ex Libris staff, and other session attendees.
- It’s not a huge spread-out meeting where you could spend much of the day getting between meetings. Much of it is held in one building. Breakfasts and lunches are included in your registration as well.
- The training and information gained from the conference is a great investment for your institution. The information you bring back will result in practical skills that can be shared with all staff at your institution.
- Networking with other users in the ELUNA community is a great way to gain fresh ideas and learn about the cutting edge uses that others have developed for their Ex Libris products. The ELUNA user community has a long history of helping each other and you’ll gather some great contacts.
- As a conference attendee, you will have access after the conference to all conference presentation materials in the ELUNA Documents Repository. You might consider offering a short presentation for your colleagues after the conference, using your notes and the Doc Repository materials, to further share the knowledge that you gained.
Conference Registration will open in March 2016. Online registration closes on April, 22, 2016.
Conference Registration Rates
|Through 4/1/2016||After 4/2/2016|
|Full Conference Registration|
|ELUNA/IGeLU Member and ELUNA 2016 Speaker||$300.00||$475.00|
|Non-Member and ELUNA 2016 Speaker||$450.00||$625.00|
ELUNA and Ex Libris Tech Seminar Combination Registration
One-Day Conference Registration
|Thursday Night Networking Dinner||$25.00||$35.00 (onsite)|
Guest Tickets (onsite sale only)
|Tuesday Night Reception||NA||$50.00|
|Thursday Night Networking Dinner||NA||$40.00|
A cancellation fee of $75 will be charged for any cancellations made through Friday, April 22, 2016. No refunds will be given for any cancellations made on or after Saturday, April 23, 2016.
ELUNA 2016 Annual Meeting Planners
Conference Program Planning Committee
Kristine Hammerstrand, CARLI, Conference Program Planning Committee Chair
Sherrie Kristin, Purdue University Calumet, ELUNA Steering Committee liaison
Jane Aitkens, McGill University, Aleph Track
Camelia Anghel, New York University, Aleph Track
Jeannie Castro, University of Houston, SFX Track
Debbie Clark, University of Southern Indiana, Moderator Coordinator
Edward Corrado, University of Alabama, Digitool/Rosetta Tracks
F. Tracy Farmer, Arkansas State University, General/Strategy Track
Laura Morse, Harvard University, Verde/UStat Track
Miriam Nauenburg, University of West Georgia, Voyager Track
Dale Poulter, Vanderbilt University, SFX Track
Lisa O’Hara, University of Manitoba, Alma Track
Erin Rushton, Binghamton University, Primo Track
Rose Scruggs, University of Southern Indiana, Moderator Coordinator
Jeannette Thompson, Tulane University, Voyager Track
Conference Planning Committee
Shay Beezley, University of Central Oklahoma, Local Arrangements, Co-Chair
Kirsten Davis, University of Central Oklahoma, Local Arrangements, Co-Chair
John Greer, University of Montana, ELUNA Steering Committee, Past-Chair
Kristine Hammerstrand, CARLI, Conference Program Planning Committee, Chair
Josh Heriot, Heriot Creative Studio, Program Designer
Emrys Moreau, Oklahoma State University, Local Arrangements, Signage & Graphic Design
Laura Morse, Harvard University, ELUNA Steering Committee, Conference Logistics Liaison
Habib Tabatabai, University of Central Oklahoma, ELUNA Steering Committee, Chair