In Memory of Sherrie Kristin
August 30, 1958 – May 16, 2016
The ELUNA Steering Committee honors the memory and the many contributions of the late Sherrie Kristin with an annual ELUNA conference scholarship in her name. Sherrie contributed decades of service to the EndUser and ELUNA user groups, serving as a Regional User Group leader, a Product Working Group Chair and a Steering Committee member. Of particular note was her dedicated work to ensure the success of ELUNA events. Sherrie contributed untold hours and energy toward planning and organizational tasks because she believed the knowledge gained and peer networks built through the EndUser and ELUNA communities directly contributed to both individual and institutional success.
Sherrie Kristin began her career in libraries in 1993, in the acquisitions department of Purdue University Calumet. She moved into library systems in 2002 and effectively oversaw many technology changes at Purdue Calumet during the span of her career. Those of you who worked with Sherrie will remember her humor, vitality, tenacity and effectiveness as a leader. She inspired all who knew her to persevere through all of life’s challenges with a positive attitude.
This scholarship is intended to honor the spirit of Sherrie’s work in the following ways:
- Extend access to the ELUNA Annual Meeting to a deserving recipient
- Increase recipient’s knowledge of Ex Libris products
- Provide opportunities for the recipient to expand their network of professional colleagues
The scholarship includes:
- Full ELUNA Annual Meeting Registration, including optional attendance at Developers Day
- Networking Dinner Ticket
- Conference hotel room
- 2017 – Laura Krossner, Drake University
- 2018 – Elizabeth Fairall, Palm Beach Atlantic University
- 2019 – Marcia Barrett, University of California, Santa Cruz