A Night at the Museum!
Attendees of the Ex Libris Technical Seminar and ELUNA conference are invited to a fun evening at the Gaylord-Pickens Museum, Home of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame on Tuesday, May 3rd from 6-10pm. Registration covers reception attendance. You are welcome to come and go as you please.
Front Steps of the
Gaylord-Pickens Museum, Home of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame
Photo © Gaylord-Pickens Museum
How do you get to the museum, you ask? There will be 2 shuttles rotating every 15 minutes throughout the evening between the Cox Convention Center and the museum.
Shuttle bus pickup will be outside the Cox Convention Center on the Northeast side close to the corner of Sheridan and Gaylord. The buses will be running from 5:45pm to 10:30pm.
If you so desire a good leg stretch, the museum is 1.8 miles from the Convention Center (roughly about a 30 minute walk). The address is enter through the rear of the building through the Garden.. Please take note that if you do choose to walk, parts of the route may not include sidewalks or other pedestrian-friendly accommodations once you’re out of Downtown and Midtown. Once you’re there,
Reasons why you should not miss this event…
- Enjoy a (hopefully!) lovely evening at the Edith Kinney Gaylord Garden. The garden will be your first stop upon arriving where you will be greeted with beverages and light bites, but be sure to make your way into the museum too!
- Exhibits on 2nd and 3rd floor are OPEN! You’re welcome to peruse the floors and learn about Oklahoma history with a drink in hand! (Just no food, please.)
- Food and socializing in the Bennett-McClendon Great Hall (4th floor). Delicious hors d’oeuvres will be brought to you by Rococo Catering, one of the best restaurants in town.
- The museum is lined with pictures of members of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame, so you’ll leave with a better sense of “who’s who” here in Oklahoma.
- Photobooth ready with props and printing on-site for any pictures you take!
- Social media contest! Take a selfie inside the museum and tag it on Instagram and/or Twitter with #ELUNA2016. There are plenty of awesome photo opportunities, such as this picture inside former Mid-Continent Life Insurance President R.T. Stuart’s restored office from the 1920’s:
Photo courtesy of Laura Morse, uploaded with Shay Beezley’s approval
Prizes will be given to the most creative selfies. Note that this does not include pictures taken at the photobooth.
Wait, before you leave!
The gift shop on the 1st floor will be staffed, so be sure to drop in and purchase any souvenirs that tickle your fancy!
Hanging out with Local Arrangements!
Your Local Arrangements folks understand that you might want to explore OKC with some knowledgeable people about the area. So come take a break from the conference and join us Wednesday evening for informal social events. Sign-up at the registration desk for an event of your choice. You will be provided with info on who, where, and when to meet for your evening activity.
More information about activities will be added here closer to the conference.
Networking on the Bricktown Canal!
ELUNA attendees may purchase tickets to attend the Networking Dinner, held at Jazmo’z Bourbon St. Café on Thursday, May 5th from 7-10pm. Don’t let the name fool you—while the kitchen specializes in serving New Orleans-style fare, a special menu focusing on a wider scope of Southern food will be available for attendees to partake in!
Don’t fret about needing a bus or a car. Jazmo’z is situated in nearby Bricktown and a scant .3 miles from the Cox Convention Center. Still worried about finding your way there? Local Arrangements volunteers will be stationed along the way to help you get to the right place!
Take note: upon entering the building, take the stairs leading down. Please have your conference badge handy as your ticket purchase will be noted on back of the badge.
Enjoy a bite from the buffet or a drink from the bar, and be sure to enjoy the view of the Bricktown Canal out on the patio.
Patio view of Jazmo’z, courtesy of Yelp user Ashley A.