Website Rollins College
The Olin Library at Rollins College is seeking a Scholarly Communication & Metadata Coordinator to join their team! The Scholarly Communication & Metadata Coordinator reports to the Head of Collections and also works under the oversight of the Digital Archivist. This role is responsible for conducting and overseeing copy cataloging while ensuring the maintenance and oversight of correct and appropriate metadata standards throughout library collections and across departments, including Archives and Special Collections. The Coordinator also works closely with Olin Library librarians as a resource, collaborative partner, initiator, and promoter of scholarly communications projects related to publishing, open access collections, student and faculty research, and Rollins Scholarship Online.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs and oversees copy cataloging for multiple types of materials, including monographs, standing orders, periodicals, and non-book formats for a variety of subjects and languages, in physical and electronic formats.
- Creates and maintains records in the unified resource management system (URM) for items in various formats.
- Works collaboratively across and within teams to promote the publishing, sharing, and archiving of Rollins’ scholarly output.
- Supports metadata creation for and gathering analytics about scholarly content within the College’s Institutional Repository, Rollins Scholarship Online.
- Provides expertise and guidance to campus stakeholders for copyright and other rights management questions.
- Coordinates the planning and implementation of Open Access, Open Data, or Open Education initiatives that support the library’s vision, mission, and strategic priorities.
- Participates in the development of new operating policies and procedures, technologies, and services.
- Engages in training and professional development appropriate to library goals and objectives.
- Assists in developing, documenting, and implementing cataloging and scholarly communication policies, procedures, and workflows.
- Updates the Library’s Serial Union List (OCLC Connexion).
- Manages and assists with receiving materials, including monographs, standing orders, and audiovisual items, in any format, as needed.
- Trains and supervises Content Collections student assistant.
- Manages deselection workflows.
- Generates statistical reports in Alma and other systems.
- Serves on library and departmental committees and/or task forces as appropriate and leads scholarly communication projects or initiatives according to library needs / candidate’s interest and expertise.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.rollins.edu.