University of South Alabama
The University of South Alabama invites applications for an Assistant Librarian with a focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), a 12-month, non-tenure track faculty continuing appointment in the Marx Library with an approximate start date of May 1, 2023.
The Assistant Librarian serves as the liaison to the College of Engineering, Schools of Computing and Environmental and Marine Sciences, and the physical and hard sciences and is responsible for providing instruction, collection development, and outreach services to the faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate students in those departments. The person in this position also shares library instruction responsibilities for the general education composition course (English 102) with the other liaison librarians. The Assistant Librarian effectively uses instructional technologies, such as LibGuides and video creation software, and works with the Instruction Coordinator Librarian and the Instructional Committee to design, implement, and assess library instruction for assigned departments. This librarian offers one-on-one and workshop consultations to departmental faculty and students. The STEM Librarian is involved in library, professional and university service, and professional development and scholarly activities that will lead professional growth; fostering an accessible, inclusive, welcoming, and safe environment; supporting USA Libraries values of service, collaboration, communication, professionalism, and adaptability.
– Earned Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited program.
– Experience with technologies and systems in an academic library and information services.
– Evidence of scholarly contribution to the field of librarianship.
– Applied knowledge of the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education
– Demonstrated excellent interpersonal verbal and written English language skills.
– Additional master’s degree or coursework in a STEM discipline.
– At least 2 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in an academic library.
– Experience in instruction, collection development, or reference services.
– Demonstrated experience or interest in maintaining learning objects (LibGuides, instructional
Review of applications will begin December 1, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled. Submit letter of application, CV or resume, unofficial copies of transcripts and the names and contact information for three professional references to Dr. Angela Rand at [email protected]. Official transcripts and three signed professional letters of reference are required for appointment.
Candidates can view http://libguides.southalabama.edu/libraryjobs for more information about the position or http://www.cityofmobile.org for information about the Mobile area. The University of South Alabama is an EO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression), religion, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com