ELUNA Developers Day+ Overview
Developer’s Day is an event for systems administrators, customizers, and developers to network, show what they have been working on, and learn both from coders at other ELUNA Member institutions and from Ex Libris. It is a community exercise for implementers, by implementers. The schedule allows for participation at different levels of coding ability, so you don’t need to be an expert in order to understand each presentation, and this year there will be hands-on workshops with different levels of coding ability in mind. There will be something here for anyone wishing to build institutional customizations.
New for 2019
In response to community feedback, Developers Day 2019 is being expanded to 1.5 days, and will include a half-day of hands-on workshops! Developers Day+ will now begin on the Monday before ELUNA, and will extend through all-day Tuesday.
Please note, this is an incomplete draft schedule.
Developers Day+ registration fee includes the 1.5 days of presentations and workshops, Tuesday breakfast and lunch, and the ELUNA opening reception.
Monday afternoon, April 29, 2019
- Developers Day+ registration: 1:30 pm – 2:00pm
- Developers Day+, day one: 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
- Developers Day+, day two: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- ELUNA conference reception: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
*Note that Developers Day+ is a separately ticketed event from ELUNA, and separate registration is required in order to attend.
Developers Day brings together librarians and developers to create new and innovative services and solutions. The goal of this event is to highlight community projects, provide opportunities for hands-on learning, and foster collaborations.
This year’s event will include both community presentations and hands-on workshops, covering topics such as:
- Interoperability and Third-Party Integrations (with Canvas, PeopleSoft, PayPal, Banner, Blackboard, Ares, ILLiad, Browzine, etc.)
- Developing with APIs, Alma/Primo Webhooks, and external Web Services
- Development, testing tools, and frameworks
- Primo (AngularJS) development
- Summon discovery interface customizations and development
- Workflows for shared development
The hands-on workshops will be oriented towards both novice and experienced developers, and will give attendees the opportunity to work directly with Ex Libris system APIs with the guidance and support of peers.
|Registration Options||Pricing||Speaker discount|
|thru 3/29||after 3/29|
|Developers Day+ & ELUNA (ELUNA and IGeLU Members Only)||$625.00||$725.00||($100.00)|
|Developers Day+ Only (without ELUNA conference)||$225.00||$300.00||($25.00)|
- Registration for ELUNA and Developers Day+ will open in March 2019 and will close at 11:50 PM Pacific on April, 8, 2019.
- Note that as Developers Day has been expanded into Developers Day+, attendance at both Developers Day+ and Monday of Ex Libris Knowledge Days is no longer possible.
- The ELUNA Steering Committee extends ELUNA Member rates to IGeLU Members as a courtesy.
Developers Day Planning Committee
- Nathan Mealey, Wesleyan University, Developers Day Planning Chair
- Margaret Briand Wolfe, Boston College
- Alex Cooper, Emory University
- Edgar Garcia, Northwestern University
- Christina Hennessey, California State University Northridge
- Allen Jones, New School
- Jesse Lambertson, Georgetown University
- Katie Sanders, University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Liam Toohey, American University