The ELUNA Steering Committee seeks an outgoing volunteer to be responsible for developing and implementing a communications strategy for external communications of the steering committee and product working groups of ELUNA, an 1200+ institution user community of Ex Libris products. It should be noted, this position is not a web-technology position, but a content strategy position.
The position is a volunteer leadership position- meaning that this person would attend SC meetings as needed. This position is by appointment and has a 2-year term. It is estimated this position’s workload would be 5-10 hours per month (1.5-3 hours of meetings, 1-5 hours of work per month)
The position’s primary responsibilities include:
- Managing posts on various web and social media platforms, including WordPress, Facebook and Twitter
- Coordinating submission of product working group and steering committee annual reports
- Co-authoring and copy-editing communications from the steering committee to the broader ELUNA community
- Coordinating a publishing calendar of events, enhancement request schedules and regional conference events
- Assessing effectiveness of communication platforms and recommending services to improve communications between ELUNA, its working groups and the broader ELUNA user community.
Interested individuals should have the following qualifications:
- be familiar with WordPress or other content management system and content scheduling software such as Hootsuite
- Be familiar with various social media posting techniques (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc).
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest as well as a 600 word writing sample (maximum) on what you might do to improve communications of the user organization. Please also provide links to 2-3 social media posts as well by Friday, September 27.