The following information was submitted by Kathy Varjabedian, ELUNA co-coordinator for the Content Working Group:
The enhancement cycle for Content has now started. In the last two weeks, existing NERS requests have been reviewed by the Content Working Group to remove duplicates, requests that did not fit in the Content category, and requests for content that is already included. About a quarter of the previously existing requests have been removed.
The timeline for the Content enhancement cycle:
- Review by the NERS coordinators of the existing migrated requests from Wednesday May 9 to Sunday May 20, 2018
- Submission of new requests by the user community: Monday May 21 to Sunday June 3, 2018
- Content Working Group review of the added new requests: Monday June 4 to Sunday June 17, 2018
- Voting open for IGeLU/ELUNA members: Monday June 18 to Sunday July 1, 2018
Please note that some requests may concern resources which are already in some KBs and indexes, but not in all of them. Some A&I databases, for example, can be in Primo Central Index, but not in Summon. In such cases, requests have not been removed.
IGeLU and ELUNA members are now invited to add new requests. If you are submitting a new request, please search existing requests prior to creating a new one, to avoid duplication. New requests can be added until Friday June 1.
How to add new Content requests?
(1) Check that the resource is not already in your KB and/or index
(2) Log into NERS (*)
(3) Check that no request for the resource exists already in NERS (Request search with limit by Product = Content and Status = Votable)
(4) Add a new Content request by providing the following helpful information
– Name of the Database, Collection or Platform
– Name of the Content Provider
– Link to the database or platform
– Provider contact information (if available)
– Short description why this content is important and beneficial to the community
– Flag the request as Regional if needed and select the appropriate group from the list
Do not create a NERS request if you would like an update of an existing resource. Open instead a Salesforce case.
For this voting ballot, the following 4 regional groups are highlighted:
– Danish language
– English Language (ANZREG)
– German language
– Spanish language
This guarantees that at least one regional collection for each of the 4 groups will be pushed up and be part of the top 10.
The next two steps will be the reviewing of the newly added requests and the voting process (in June).
Please have a look at our NERS Content Request FAQ
and/or contact enhancement coordinators if you have any question.
Molly Beisler, University of Nevada, Reno, firstname.lastname@example.org, NERS Content Coordinator
Ulrikke Greve Olufsen, University of Oslo, email@example.com, NERS Content Coordinator
Kathy Varjabedian, Los Alamos National Laboratory, firstname.lastname@example.org, ELUNA Co-coordinator
François Renaville, University of Liège, email@example.com, IGeLU Co-coordinator
(*) Access to NERS is restricted to IGeLU and ELUNA members. Your institutional IGeLU/ELUNA contact should have the appropriate log in credentials. If your institutional contact does not have them or if you need to update contact information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be sent to your current or new institutional contact. If your institution is not a member of IGeLU or ELUNA (for North American users), please consider becoming a member. As a member of one of these organizations, your institution will become part of an active community of Ex Libris product users, and among other benefits, you will have input into the direction and development of Ex Libris products. For more information, visit: http://igelu.org/ or http://el-una.org/.