Website Texas A&M International University
The Assistant Librarian for Collection Management supervises the staff in the Collection Management department and reports directly to the Director of Killam Library. A fixed-term, non-tenure-track faculty position, the Assistant Librarian for Collection Management will oversee the library resources allocation and serve as a member of the library’s Collections Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage the lifecycle of digital resources, including databases, e-books, streaming video, serials, etc.
· Manage the allocation and related budgetary matters for the acquisition of print and digital resources.
· Develop assessment strategies and conduct ongoing assessments of the library’s collections in collaboration with other librarians and library staff.
· Coordinate communication between librarians, staff, and vendors to maintain continuity of access to library resources.
· Collaborate with librarians and library staff on collection review, renewals, and deselection.
· Compile and analyze usage statistics for digital resources.
· Oversee the Federal Depository Library Program.
· Maintain an awareness of current trends in acquisitions, collections, and digital resource management.
· Collaborate with academic departments on grant funding allocations.
· Attend meetings, participate in special projects, and serve on committees relating to the library, the University, and consortia, as necessary.
· Supervise staff in the Collection Management Department.
To apply for this job please visit tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.