Website Texas A&M International University
The Assistant Librarian for Systems & Technology will provide support for library systems and leadership in the implementation of new and emerging technologies within the library. A fixed-term, non-tenure-track faculty position, the Assistant Librarian for Systems & Technology will create content for and maintain the library’s website.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Research, evaluate, recommend, test, and implement new technologies.
● Plan, develop, troubleshoot, and coordinate digital tools, software, and other library technology.
● Develop strategies for collaboration, program planning, and support for interdisciplinary digital projects and initiatives.
● Maintain and update OpenAthens to ensure off-campus access to digital resources.
● Serve as system administrator for the integrated library system.
● Maintain various library services platforms.
● Provide systems support for all library systems, software, and technology.
● Create content and maintain the library’s website.
● Maintain knowledge of, and engage in, continuous professional development to keep up with trends in emerging technologies, digital tools, and software solutions.
● Serve as a liaison to the Office of Information Technology and other academic departments.
● Participate in special projects and serve on committees relating to the library, the University, and consortia.
To apply for this job please visit tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.